Monday, April 13, 2009

Savings!

If you know me well, you will know that I LOVE getting a good deal when shopping! I was definitely not always like this...I used to be the one that just walked in to JCREW and picked out something....b/c that was just so easy! My best friend, Ashley, used to get the best deals on everything...but I just assumed it took too much time.

Fast forward a few years.....now that we have a house, a baby and want to move in a few years, I've made it my mission to save $ where ever I can!

Here are 2 good deals I've gotten this week.

1. I use http://www.thegrocerygame.com/. The game is amazing. The idea is that the site gives you a list each week of what is on sale at your grocery store. Then it tells you what coupons you have for those items. The point is to "stock up" on good deals so then you don't have to buy then when you NEED them and they are full price.

Here's an example - Lysol spray cleaner is normally around $4 a bottle. It was on sale at Shop Rite for $1.99. I then had multiple 75 cent off coupons (which shop rite doubles). So, I ended up stocking up on cleaners b/c they were 49 cents each! Last week we got a bag of Hall's cough drops for free. They were on sale for 99 cents and I had a 50 cent off coupon (which doubles)!

They are running a promotion, you can try it for 4 weeks for just $1! If you do, use my email address (leave your email address and I'll give you mine) as your reference!

2. I was in The Children's Place last month and saw all these cute boy's outfits....BUT NOTHING was on sale :-/ So, I waited until today and bought 1 pair of pants, 2 sweater vests, 1 polo, 1 t-shirt, 1 fleece, 2 button down shirts and a pair of socks - ALL for $53 :-P I also found a discount code (10%) at this site http://www.promotioncode.org/TheChildrensPlace I think that will be one of my new favorite sites!

http://www.thechildrensplace.com/

Have fun saving!

No comments: