Monday, April 27, 2009

Babies

As you may have noticed, I've added a few "buttons" to the right side of our page. Sometimes I get on the Internet and I just get "sucked in"....I look at one person's page...then another and another. Well, you may know I am not overly religious but I've stumbled upon a few families that need your thoughts AND PRAYERS.

I literally read their blogs each night and either cry (when there is bad news) or smile (if there is good news). Today I learned that Stellan (Pray for Stellan button) will be discharged from the hospital!!!! But I've also read that Kayleigh is most likely brain dead and will not make it. I cannot even imagine what her parents are going through. I just cry thinking about how I would feel if Carter was taken from us. Today a "guest blogger" wrote on their site and let us know of the financial trouble that Kayleigh's parents are in. Seriously? They are losing a child and also have to deal with losing their house and everything they own....b/c they have a sick child! UGH. This just is an example and why we desperately need a change to our health care system (but that is a whole other post).

Please read Kayleigh's story (http://kayleighannefreeman.blogspot.com/) and hopefully you will also feel the need to help. I have decided to not buy coffee this week. I would normally have spent about $20 a week at Dunkin. Instead, I've donated that money to Kayleigh's parents. How can I possibly "throw away" money on coffee when they are losing their daughter and may also lose their house.

I now want to wake up Carter and give him a big hug and kiss.

No comments: