Monday, May 18, 2009

Thank You, Peas!

Carter is definitely his father's son. Richard can't get enough peas....and I go out of my way to pick them out of things so I don't have to eat them!


Carter LOVES them. He isn't too fond of plain oatmeal or sweet potatoes but will happily eat them up as long as we add some peas! What a good kid!


Peas are just as easy to make as all of the other baby foods. Well, as long as you buy peas that are already prepared. The prep work for buying peas in the pod is just too much for me! Frozen organic peas from Whole Foods work well enough for me (and Carter!).



Pea Puree
Steam 2 10oz bags of frozen peas.
Puree!
Scoop into 2 ice cube freezer trays & cover.
Remove after 10-12 hours and put into your desired storage container.
I heat 2 cubes in the microwave for 45 seconds to defrost.


....seriously, how could it get easier than that!














No comments: