Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson

R, C and I were out to a lovely dinner with friends last night when one of our friends got a text message that Michael Jackson had died.

Everyone frantically starting searching on tmz and cnn (...all the boys had iphones) to see if it was true! The waitresses kept coming back to give us updates. Eventually she came back and told us that it had been confirmed. I can't say I am surprised....you have to admit, there was obviously something very wrong with him...whether it be something physical, mental or an addiction....but it is still terribly sad!

I keep remembering sitting on my floor at my parent's old house, sitting in front of my massive "boom box"...singing along to Heal the World & Billie Jean.

In happier news, we had a great dinner. One couple is expecting a little girl in November (another girlfriend for Carter - yippie!) and the other couple is getting married early 2010. We had a great dinner just chatting about all their upcoming plans.

No pictures today - sorry! I am getting super lazy about taking pictures off of the camera. I've been trying to upload an awesome little video of Carter laughing but blogger keeps giving me an error message. Hopefully I can figure that out - I am good at breaking computers....not so much at making them work properly :-)

...off to a meeting...

No comments: